Free shipping for all orders over $199
$85.00 – $160.00
Budecort Inhaler 200 Mcg (Budesonide)
Budecort 200 MCG Description
The drug Budecort 200 MCG is a member of the corticosteroid group of drugs. It includes the active component Budesonide. It is used for the prevention and management of respiratory conditions including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, and others.
In order to lessen the frequency and intensity of asthma symptoms including sneezing, coughing, and breathlessness, Budecort 200 MCG works by reducing inflammation in the lungs. By applying a tool known as a metered-dose inhaler, it is administered by inhalation.
Adults and children over the age of 12 should typically take 1-2 puffs (200–400 mcg) twice day, however children between the ages of 6 and 12 only need 1 puff (200 mcg) twice daily. Depending on the intensity of the condition and the patient’s response to therapy, the dose may change.
It’s crucial to take Budecort 200 MCG according to your doctor’s recommendations. Be careful to let your doctor know if you suffer any side symptoms including throat pain, a raspy voice or thrush.
Uses of Budecort inhaler
Budecort 200 MCG inhaler can be used for the following conditions:
- Sneezing, coughing, and loss of breath constitute some of the symptoms of asthma that the Budecort inhaler is intended to prevent and cure. It becomes easier to breath as a result of the airway inflammation being reduced.
- Budecort inhaler is also used as a remedy for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease also known as COD, a collection of lung conditions that make breathing difficult and include emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Budecort inhaler can be used to treat allergic rhinitis, a disorder that irritates and inflames the nasal passages and results in symptoms including a stuffy nose, wheezing, and nasal obstruction.
- Budecort inhaler is also employed for the treatment of eosinophilia esophagitis, a disorder in which a specific type of white blood cell builds up in the esophagus and causes irritation and difficulties in swallowing food.
Benefits of Budecort inhaler
The benefits of using Budecort 200 MCG inhaler is as follows:
- The use of the Budecort inhaler lessens airway inflammation, preventing and treating symptoms of asthma and other respiratory conditions including sneezing, coughing, and breathing problems.
- Budecort inhaler helps to enhance breathing and make it much easier for patients with respiratory diseases to carry out everyday tasks by minimizing inflammation in the airways.
- Using the Budecort inhaler, individuals with asthma can better control their disease by reducing the occurrence and intensity of asthma episodes.
- Compared to oral corticosteroids, which can have greater systemic adverse effects, Budecort inhaler is somewhat unlikely to induce side effects because it is an inhaled drug.
Directions for Use
While using Budecort inhaler, one should take note of the following directions:
- Take off the inhaler’s cover, and shake it vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Exhale fully, then move your head away from the inhaler.
- The inhaler should be held with your thumb underneath and your index finger on top.
- To release the medicine, start taking deep breaths through your lips while applying pressure to the inhaler.
- Count to ten or whatever long you can comfortably hold your breath.
- Through your lips, exhale gently.
- The procedures above should be repeated if your doctor has suggested more than one puff. If so, wait for 30 to 1 minute.
- After using the inhaler, spit it out and wash your mouth with water. This might lessen negative consequences like thrush.
Budecort 200 MCG inhaler should be stored as per the following guidelines:
- The recommended storage range for the Budecort inhaler is between 15 and 30 °C (59 and 86 °F).
- Keep the inhaler out of sunlight, radiators, and areas with a lot of humidity.
- The medicine quality may be compromised if the inhaler is frozen.
- Keep the inhaler out of children’s and animals’ reach.
- Before using the inhaler, be sure to check the expiration date. If the inhaler has run out, do not use.
- To keep the inhaler operating correctly, clean it frequently. Follow the cleaning methods provided in the leaflet of the medicine.
- If you must transport the inhaler, make sure to keep it safe from harm and in a spotless, dry environment.
Side effects of Budecort 200 MCG
Like many medicines, the Budecort inhaler has potential adverse effects even though it is often safe and well-tolerated. The following list of Budecort inhaler adverse effects includes both frequent and uncommon ones:
Typical negative consequences include:
- Dry throat or mouth.
- A raspy voice
- Throat discomfort
Less frequent negative effects:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the face, throat, and tongue
See a doctor right away if you suffer any of the less frequent or severe side effects, such as breathing issues or facial, lip, tongue, or throat swelling.
Precautions and Warnings of Budecort 200 MCG
Before using a Budecort inhaler, be aware of the following dangers and warnings:
- Do not use the Budecort inhaler if you happen to be allergic to budesonide or any of the other components. If you suffer allergic response symptoms like wheezing, hives, or swelling of the face, mouth, and throat you should immediately consult a doctor.
- If you have or had any medical issues, such as liver illness, TB, or a fungal infection, let your doctor know since the Budecort inhaler may not be right for you.
- Before taking the Budecort inhaler, discuss with your doctor if you are breastfeeding, planning a pregnancy, or already pregnant.
- In order to avoid potential interactions with the Budecort inhaler, let your doctor know if you are using any other drugs be it prescribed medicine or any other supplements.
- Under the guidance of a healthcare professional, children may use the Budecort inhaler, although the dosage may need to be changed according to the age and weight of the child.
- Use of the Budecort inhaler for an extended period of time may raise the risk of adverse consequences such bone loss, eye diseases, and glaucoma. If you use the Budecort inhaler for a long period of time, your doctor may keep an eye out for these symptoms.
Dosage of Budecort 200 MCG
The dose of Budecort inhaler that is advised for you will vary according to your age, health, and the intensity of your symptoms.
For adults and kids over the age of 12, the recommended dosage is two inhalations (200 mcg) twice a day, often in the morning and evening. Depending on how you respond to the drug, your doctor may alter the dose. The typical dosage for youngsters between the ages of 6 and 12 is one to two inhalations (100–200 mcg) twice a day.
How does Budecort inhaler work?
The active ingredient in the Budecort inhaler is budesonide, a corticosteroid medicine. It facilitates breathing by lowering swelling and inflammation in the airways.
Asthma and other respiratory disorders frequently exhibit airway inflammation, which can constrict the airways and make breathing challenging. The glucocorticoid receptors found in the cells lining the airways are where the budesonide in the Budecort inhaler interacts. This binding aids in lowering the amount of inflammatory cells and chemicals that are produced in the airways, which can result in swelling, inflammation, and airway constriction.
The Budecort inhaler helps elevate airflow and relieve symptoms including sneezing, coughing, and loss of breath by lowering swelling and inflammation.
Does Budecort 200 Inhaler 200 MCG cause bone loss?
Use of inhaled corticosteroids over an extended period of time, such as Budecort 200 MCG inhaler, may cause a slight loss of bone density. However, compared to oral corticosteroids, the possibility of bone loss is often substantially reduced with inhaled corticosteroids.
What should a first time user of Budecort 200 inhaler do? How should one use it?
First time users of Budecort inhaler should follow these directions:
- Take the inhaler out of the container, then take off the cap.
- With your thumb on the inhaler’s base and your index and middle fingers on either side of the mouthpiece, hold it upright.
- Breathe out carefully and depart from the inhaler after thoroughly shaking it.
- Put the mouthpiece in between your teeth while tilting your head back slightly. To create a seal, pinch your lips together around the mouthpiece.
- Squeeze the inhaler to release the medication as you start to breathe in through your lips gently and deeply.
- After a few seconds of calm, deep breathing, as long as it doesn’t seem uncomfortable, try to hold your breath. Take the inhaler out of your mouth and slowly exhale.
- If you need another dosage, pause for at least 30 seconds before doing the same procedure.
- Replace the cap on the inhaler after using it, and keep it somewhere cold and dry.
- To avoid getting thrush, a fungal infection of the mouth, after using the Budecort inhaler, remember to wash your mouth clean with water.
How can I avoid having oral fungal infection during the treatment with Budecort 200 inhaler?
Corticosteroids like the Budecort inhaler, can raise the risk of oral fungal infections like thrush. When using a Budecort inhaler, follow these recommendations to help avoid oral fungal infections:
- Use the Budecort inhaler as directed, then thoroughly wash your mouth with water. This can help get rid of any leftover medicine and lower your chance of developing a fungal infection in your mouth.
- A device known as a spacer helps the inhaler deliver medicine straight to the lungs. By using a spacer, you can lessen how long the drug stays in your mouth and throat, reducing the possibility of developing a fungus infection.
- In order to maintain your mouth healthy and clean, brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss often. Additionally, using mouthwash can assist in fighting against fungus infections.
- Smoking might raise your risk for respiratory issues and oral fungus infections. If you have a habit of smoking, discuss with your doctor to get rid of this habit.
- Contact your doctor if you have symptoms like white spots in your mouth, a painful throat, or trouble swallowing. These might be symptoms of a fungal infection, which should be treated right away to stop it from growing worse.
Can Budecort 200 inhaler cause altered vision?
Although it is uncommon, Budecort inhaler side effects might include altered eyesight. Contact your doctor right away if you notice any changes in your eyesight while taking the Budecort inhaler, such as blurred vision or loss of vision.
How long does Budecort take to work?
Depending on the patient and the intensity of the respiratory ailment being treated, the Budecort inhaler’s time to start working may differ. Typically speaking, you may not feel better until after using the product consistently for a few days to a few weeks.
Consult your doctor if, after taking the Budecort inhaler for a few weeks, your symptoms don’t seem to be getting better or if they start to become worse. They can advise changing your dosage or considering a different drug.
Can we use Budecort daily?
Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are two respiratory disorders that are treated with Budecort inhaler on a regular basis. It’s crucial to use the inhaler exactly as your doctor instructs, which may involve using it every day.
12 Inhaler/s, 6 Inhaler/s, 9 Inhaler/s
200 MDI in 1 Inhaler
6 To 15 days